Thursday, January 10, 2008

Big Red

Well, this moped is coming together pretty well. I cleaned the engine today, and it looks pretty decent. I used a Brillo pad and degreaser to clean the cylinder fins, it fit inside nice and snug and did a decent job. I'm going to polish the clutch cover tomorrow, I've never tried that before, I hope it turns out okay. The chrome polished up pretty good.

I'm going to chop and re-weld the rear seat bracket so it sits lower and lines up with the rear rack mount holes, so I can go without a rear rack. It look a little more like a fire truck than I anticipated, but the look always changes when the decals get put on. Which should be in sometime soon.

No comments: