Monday, June 28, 2010

The Curse Still Continues

Tonight I seized my new piston in my 50tccd on the Free Spirit. But up until it blew, it was running great! So that has to count for something. I should be able to dig the ring out of the piston without too much fuss and it will live again. I blame no mechanical component, and simply state the cause of the seizure as bad luck. Here is me holding the piston and standing outside Key Arena where I broke down talking to Travis on the phone.

"Hey Phil... where did you go?" "I seized my moped, where is the ride ending tonight?" "The ending of the ride is only for people who complete it, sorry." "No, I have another moped I can ride." "Why don't you just go on home instead."

In news related to mopeds that I am not currently breaking, but will be breaking shortly, I did some work on my hobbit cases for the new race bike. I opened the cases up to match the Athena kit, and I will either hassle the Wizard to cast a spell of extra aluminum on the cases with his magic wand, or I will put on some JBWeld to make some nice extra space for my base gasket. New bearings and seals are in place, and my new crankshaft looks great. A thank you to 1977 Mopeds for providing the crank and bearings, it's a great time to be involved with mopeds with new parts being made and things becoming easily available.

4 comments:

Philip Patrie said...

And when I say "here I am talking to Travis on the phone where I broke down", I'm referring to the moped. There were no tears involved.

Anonymous said...

quit breaking your mopeds

LAZERSWAG FAG said...

Wizard kit? You must be worried...

Graham Motzing said...

what the hell is wrong with you.

I told you this is what happens when you touch yourself, but you just cant stop can you? What would zombie robert 'kkk' byrd say about this? (answer: Braaaiiiiinnnnnsssss)