Thursday, May 28, 2009

Express Yourself Pt. 2

This is part two of a collaborative blog post between myself and Travis Knarpsworth! Read his exciting blog to see the first half of our adventure. I found an express on Craigslist that was Green, naturally, I thought of Travis and dared him to get it. He said he would if I would go pick it up with him, so out went the low-ball bid and sure enough, he got it. So I sweet talked my sweet wife into letting me take her car, Tavis bought some travel snaxxx and after some fiascos, we had it in the car. The bike's gas tank was clean because it was completely full of a strange goop of sludge that wasn't really oil but it was something. In fact, this bike was totally covered in these goops, it came out of the oil tank, the transmission cover and even the cylinder. As usual, the tap start seemed to be busted, on these expresses the springs wind up too much and snap. We got back to Travis' place and opened the cover up and upon first inspection, found the spring to be in good shape. Of course, the express transmission is exciting, with all manner of gear, cog, springs and dogs. I haven't put one back together in a while, but I think this one ought to go back together pretty easily and hopefully we will have that Express on the road and off the jumps in no time. Now the quest begins in the search for my Express II, of which I would like a Yellow, Blue or Red color, although I'm leaning toward Red. Since we don't have any pictures of the guts, let me post some pictures from my 50cc History. Here is my Cadillac with a custom hitch made by yours truely (with a little help from Charles D) to haul Honda Expresses around. The Express has a small hole in the left hand foot peg strut behind the plastic, which fits a nice little bolt, securing the whole contraption on to the rack even though it looks incredibly loose. And just to show that Honda Expresses never go out of style, (or posing on them for pictures) here are a few.

4 comments:

-T said...

How did Anakin Skywalker get in there. Sweet jumps to come. Today I work on my sad little top tank mopeds. Next up, the EXPRESS! Can't wait to ride it.

Ian T said...

nice collab. i'm a little jealous of your adventure

Philip Patrie said...

I appreciate how my moped skills have increased over the last 6 years, but the way that I sit on a Honda Express has not.

w00tslap said...

A no ped eh?... or so they say... that rhymed