Thursday, February 14, 2008

Stands and such

As it sits, I'm not satisfied with my seat height. I've modified the seat to sit lower, and also cut half the foam out, but there just seems to be no way to get it low enough with out cutting the frame. I tried putting on taller bars, but they just looked quite ridiculous, so I need to swap back in my straight bars and then cut the post to see where that gets me. I can also modify the seat pan more, perhaps to take another 1/2 inch out, but after all those welds I put on there, it isn't coming off easily! I'm also going to give another try at sewing my own seat cover. The first one turned out better than I thought it would, but it is far from great!

The Homoet6p is perhaps one of the best pipes available, but I have yet to run it on this setup. It's been hanging on my garage wall since September. I like the sound, and the sleeper look of it, but it interferes with my kickstand. So I guess I'll try to modify the stand to clear the pipe and still be a decent stand, another challenge for my welding skills. I dislike side stands, because there is no kick starting, and a bike with big compression is a pain to bump start.

No comments: