Saturday, April 3, 2010

Plain old good luck

I spent today in the shop, anticipating to work on my own bikes, which I did. I also ended up having a giant amount of people coming and going working on their own stuff. It was pretty busy and loud for a while. Gorilla came and finished his purple ped. A customer came in and did some extra body work on her motorcycle frame. Joel came and worked on his Maxi as well as did some blasting. I made a new bracket for the exhaust on the magnum. It's much better off now, and Naz came and zapped it for me with the tig. I rode it home, and had a little trouble with rain shorting out my cracked spark plug cap. My Free Spirit got the TCCD motor, and that thing really pulls pretty impressively for a 50cc slug on a Puch. 14 Bing and a bullet pipe, 16 x 45 gearing. The brakes, on the other hand, were pretty faded, so I pulled the wheel open to clean them. Lo and behold, the lining had separated from the shoes and was fused to the drum. So instead of the lining pressing against a rotating drum, the lining rotated with the drum and the metal shoes pressed into the lining. Total failure. I need to order some new brakes for this rig, and then it will be blast city commute-mobile.

1 comment:

カート said...

I also thank for very important share (>_<)