Monday, June 22, 2009

Some Maxi's and the worlds most difficult tire


Here is a picture of my wife's Maxi and my good old Maxi Taxi. The Taxi has been sold off to finance my new secret project, and most of that is going to buy new inner tubes since I can't seem to install this one Gazelle tire for some reason. I've installed at least 8 of them in my life, and I've never had more trouble than this. None of my tricks work. Windex everywhere, put the tire in the oven and heat it up, half inflated tube, full inflated tube, nothing. I just get to the last 3 or 4 inches or lip to put over the rim and it pinches flat. Oh, it's incredibly frustrating. I've run out of patches now, as you can see I've had to patch this tube at least 5 times. I think it's time for a new tube, but I'm so financially invested in this one with patches I'm torn.

Expect some guest stars in my next blog post! See ya Sacramento!

2 comments:

Joel said...

have you gone to ADD to use their tire stand? it helps!

mikeyt said...

are the spokes poking through the rim? looks like all the punctures are on the inside of the tube... maybe it's that?