Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why don't you have a seat?

One of the things that attracted me to mopeds is the fact that you can do almost everything yourself. I have rebuilt engines, polished chrome, stripped paint and powder coated. I have ported, milled, bored, fastened and loc-tited. I have torqued, I've welded, fabricated, ruined and created. It doesn't matter if you have ever done anything before. Read a bit about it, then give it a shot. At the end of the day, it's only a moped and has no large dollar value attached. Recovering seats is one of the things I take joy in. I'm getting better every time I try it. Just a cheap sewing machine, some remnant vinyl from the fabric store, and you are making your bike all yours. I did this one for Megan Bandit's LEM, I'll be making another one soon for my BFW's new moped.


Sometimes you try out an idea and it doesn't work, and sometimes it looks good. Either way, you did it and learned something. Go Mopeds!