Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pictures that never went anywhere

I have this bad habit of thinking "Hey, I'll write this up on my moped blog, let me snap some pictures!", then I take one picture, finish the project and then realize that I don't have enough pictures to tell a decent moped story. At any rate, I'm uploading these lose pictures and I'll do the best I can. Use your imagination!

I replaced the wheel bearings in my Motobecane 6 star mags, they were quite shot and due to poor (non existent) spacers, there was quite a bit of metal flakes running around in those bearings, contributing to their desire to stay still rather than roll. After punching the old bearings out and hammering the new ones in, a few washers for good spacing and they were spinning quite nicely. So nicely that I felt compelled to let the front wheel grab my finger and smash it as I watched the wheel spin so quickly.

I also got some diodes from Naz to keep my tail light blowing problems to a minimum. My wife's mostly stock bike was really cranking out too much juice and popping bulbs, so I did hers first, 3 diodes dropped it by about a volt, which is enough, she hasn't popped any yet. I also put them in my tail light that I legally harassed and threatened Brendan for, although I had to use 5, dropping the current by nearly 2v because 3 didn't do the trick.

I'm thinking about going big on my Magnum, I'm tired of it being slow. By slow, I mean going 35. Seems slow.

1 comment:

Cpt. F.L.E.E.T.T.R.E.A.T.S. said...

Best damn taillight known to man. Works so damn good and so damn bright that not even a lightbulb can survive!