Monday, August 3, 2009

3 for 4!


I've got the fastest Metra80 in Seattle again. When I built this thing, I didn't have the 23mm deep socket to get on this nut, and tightened it down with an adjustable wrench, thinking that the lock washer would suffice to hold it down. Well, it managed to escape the washer, and the clutches worked themselves off the shaft. No damage done, thankfully, so with the use of the right socket I got this bad boy torqued down again. The magnum is on the road, and that puts me at 3 of 4 working mopeds! Soon to be 4 of 5 after Portland!

4 comments:

TN said...

who else has a Metra80? i'm not sure anyone else in the fleet is running a Metra80, wouldn't that make you fasted by default? :)

Philip Patrie said...

Well, Travis has one, and we have been meaning to race, but neither of us can keep our Magnums running at the same time.

Unknown said...

Actually to correct slightly the fastest Metra 80 might be owned by me.... on the Monza that is, we will have to race to find out!

TN said...

sounds like time to take out the measuring tapes, as you all probably go about the same speed.