Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chicago & Flat Tires

Chicago rally was this weekend, and I hate to say it, but if you were not in attendance, than you missed out. The HNR compound is perhaps the coolest clubhouse I've ever seen. It really does feel like a castle, with a courtyard and parapet wall. Garage space located away from living space, secret and secure alley access and more secret rooms than you can shake a stick at. I had a rally break down of sorts. P@ and I were riding doubles on the Derbi and suddenly I heard the tube pop and felt the tire get loose. So I pulled it over, to discover the cause. A 2 inch self tapping screw decided to stand right up as I ran it over and punctured my 2.5" Shinko knobbies, the tube, AND THE RIM! The tire was nailed to the rim! I had to hammer the bolt out. If you have to get a flat tire, I suppose this is the way to get it. The screw missed both spokes perfectly, centered in the rim, thankfully, so it is still useable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's crazy!