Monday, May 17, 2010

Pacific Cup Race #2

Strangely enough, we have two moped racing events going on up here in the North West. The Pacific Cup and the Oregon Series. This was the 3rd race I've attended, and it was the 2nd race in the Pacific Cup. Naz got himself a first place finish, even beating a 50cc watercooled 6speed Derbi, and Travis low-sided in a corner while out front on the second lap, and then high-sided trying to get his bike started again, putting him a full lap behind. Too bad, he had the fastest qualifying time. Joe, Jesse and myself had a great 3 way battle throughout the day for first second and third of what some might refer to as "The Busch League" or perhaps "Scrub league", and I managed to pass and stay out in front of Joe by about 2 lengths, with him nipping at my wheel the whole way. What a fun race! There are no good pictures of my wheel, sadly, but you can kind of get the idea of what my bike looks like at the moment. I need to get some lightning bolts put on the tank and perhaps my number.
Racing makes for tender moments.

2 comments:

Philip Patrie said...

Check out Travis' blog for a nice picture of Judge Reinhold's wheel.

-T said...

Thanks for holding my hand through it all Phil. Sad you can't be with us next time. Maybe I suggest you hire a stunt double to attend the wedding for you?